Asylum Party - Borderline (1989)

Posted on 12:57 PM by Uber | 0 comments



I'm posting this for no other reason than to emphasize how in love I am with this group. Before, I had shared on this blog their second and unfortunately final LP with M'ere, but this was the album that had the opening salvo in blowing me away.

Drenched in absolute darkness and a pounding melancholy 'Borderline' by every measure spits, and spins a mazy web of goth and cold wave pop. Every track, particularly 'Julia', are every bit as infectious of sounds I've come across.

The album I'm posting actually contains fives bonus tracks from a mini-album released in 1988 entitled 'Picture One'. They have the effect of dragging what a somewhat short album on to a more tiresome length, but each those premier singles, on a second listen, stand out on their own.

Asylum Party - Borderline (1989)

0 comments:

Post a Comment